Hey all, I'm Bill, I love to talk about video games. I've been playing games since my mother used to take me to visit my grandmother at the bar she worked at (I know) and there was a Donkey Kong game there. From minute one I was hooked. I talk about all types of games, from retro classics to brand new hotness. I'm happy you decided to come by,Each week I take a deep dive into my favorite stories about Nintendo, from the latest indie release to rumors about Smash. If you're looking for Nintendo news look no farther. I try to wrap up the news three times a week in a show that I try to keep under 30 minutes.
- Patreon — This episode of SwitchCraft is brought to you by Pierre-Luc — Support SwitchCraft and my other content for as little as a dollar and get exclusive rewards at https://www.patreon.com/runjumpstomp
- Watch the Live Show! — Switch Craft is recorded Live 3 times a week on Tuesday and Thursday at 3pm US Eastern and on Saturday at whatever time I can get to it. Tune in live at https://www.twitch.tv/runjumpstomp I've decided to shout out the chatters at the end of the show rather than the beginning, because some times people don't make it at the beginning and I still appreciate the fact that they showed up. Plus it will get us to the news stuff faster.
- Genres lacking on Switch - firstname.lastname@example.org - Gmail — Hey Bill, One genre I think the switch is missing is Stealth games, like Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, or Thief. I have always enjoyed games where the focus is to avoid detection, and take out enemies non-lethally. -Warren G Akers Also, a side question. My wife and I occasionally upload songs we record to YouTube. Just a simple setup, my acoustic guitar and our voices, recorded on a phone. Lately though we have been discussing getting better equipment or software to improve the sound quality. We are on a very tight budget though. Do you have any suggestions for mics or recording/editing software? Thanks, and keep up the great work, week to week. By the way, my favorite part of your show is the little audio breaks when you throw in random game related music or sound effects. My daughter is 3, and she is well aware of Link exclaiming, "excuse me, princess!" If she is around when I listen to your podcast, she laughs and repeats it when you play that clip.
- Switch games - email@example.com - Gmail — Hey Bill, hope you are well. On the last episode of Switchcraft, you asked what genre of games are uncommon on the switch. I would like to see more arcade racers like Ridge racer and Burnout, Also loads more Asynchronous titles. I know in this age of online gaming, they can seem old fashioned, but I do like getting the notification that it is your turn, to take in your own time. Keep up the good work. (ME) I totally agree with this! Mario + Rabbids could seriously benefit from online asynchronous play.
- Discord — Discord comments - Poodigne "Syberia 1, 2 and 3 are Point and Click adventure games, Tactical games are under represented on switch, thank god battle chasers and Banner Saga are coming.
- Valkyria Chronicles coming to Switch this fall in Japan - Gematsu — Sega announced Valkyria Chronicles for Nintendo Switch at Sega Fes 2018. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop this fall in Japan for 1,990 yen. Like Valkyria Chronicles for PlayStation 4, Valkyria Chronicles for Nintendo Switch will include all of the game’s downloadable content. The Switch version of Valkyria Chronicles 4, which was delayed from its previously planned summer release to this fall in Japan, will include a “Reduced Price Purchase Coupon Download Code” to purchase Valkyria Chronicles for Nintendo Switch at a reduced price of 500 yen. Valkyria Chronicles is currently available for PlayStation 4, PC, and PlayStation 3.
- New Switch update out now (version 5.0.2) - Nintendo Everything — Resolved an issue that caused motion controls to respond incorrectly when playing games that use the feature – Resolved an issue that caused user icons for recommended friends to not display correctly
- Nvidia Shield official Chinese Trailer (With Nintendo Wii/GCN game showcase) - YouTube — I've spoken about this on the show in the past. I think this makes a good case for the idea that these games will come to the Switch at some point, but at the same time, China has different rules and Nintendo may only release these games like this in China. One more thing, that controller looks very uncomfortable to hold.
- Pocket Rumble on Switch was playable at EGX Rezzed – SDNIA
- Ahnabella on Twitter: "Here is the Nintendo magazine talking about the upcoming Pokémom games… " — Pokemon for Switch confirmed to be gen 8
- Bandai Namco UK on Twitter: "The Nintendo Switch version of #DarkSoulsRemastered will be pushed back to Summer 2018, as well as the Solaire of Astora amiibo. We apologise for the delay but rest assured, the extra time will improve your journey to Lordran. PC/PS4/X1 versions is still coming 25th May 2018." — The Nintendo Switch version of #DarkSoulsRemastered will be pushed back to Summer 2018, as well as the Solaire of Astora amiibo. We apologise for the delay but rest assured, the extra time will improve your journey to Lordran. PC/PS4/X1 versions is still coming 25th May 2018.
- NBA Playgrounds 2 confirmed for Switch, launches this summer - Nintendo Everything — Saber Interactive has announced that NBA Playgrounds 2 is happening. The game is due out this summer.
- Nintendo Treehouse Log - Mario Tennis Aces – With Great Power Comes Great... — Nintendo are showing off the Power characters in Mario Tennis Aces, which include Wario, Bowser, DK, Chain Chomp. Defensive characters include Waluigi and Bowser Jr. The other two categories will be the Tricky and Speedy, but we don't know who is in which category there.
- Survey — I have a quick anonymous survey that I'd like your feedback on. This is for demographics purposes. Information that I need to I can get in touch with advertisers. Now I want you to know that any ads that I run on the podcast will always be quick and to the point. And for products or services that I think you might actually use. I'll also always keep ads to a minimum, like I do now. The survey shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Thanks for listening, and thanks to the people that have already filled it out.
- Support content like this. — Thanks to all for being here while I record the show, If you didn't know the live streams are usually a good bit longer than the audio podcast, we get sidetracked talking about other stuff that isn't included, so if you want to watch the full show, either come watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/runjumpstomp, or you can watch the videos after the fact over at https://www.youtube.com/runjumpstomp Finally, If you're looking to support my content, head over to http://www.runjumpstomp.com/thankyou All the links there will help me create more content. Thanks so much for your support! And now its time to thank the live chat.