Your source for all things Nintendo 3 days a week
- Patreon — This episode of SwitchCraft is brought to you by Rock Roberge — Support SwitchCraft and my other content for as little as a dollar and get exclusive rewards at https://www.patreon.com/runjumpstomp
- Watch the Live Show! — Switch Craft is recorded Live 3 times a week on Tuesday and Thursday at 3pm US Eastern and on Saturday at whatever time I can get to it. Tune in live at https://www.twitch.tv/runjumpstomp
- Johnny P wrote in about my wife's Etsy shop. — Hi RJS, I will save you from shamelessly promoting your wife’s etc shop. I am more than 100% satisfied. I have had an awesome doc sock for months now and still love it. It is the best switch accessory I own. PS: I had a slight custom request, no problem just let them know what you want. Thanks again for the sock
- "The Switch is not USB-C compliant, and overdraws some USB-PD power supplies by 300%" by Nathan K(Links in description) : NintendoSwitch — "The +Nintendo Switch Dock #USB #TypeC power supply is not USB-PD spec compliant. As a result it does not "play nice" with other #USBC devices. This means you should strongly consider only using the Nintendo Switch Dock adapter only with the Nintendo Switch (and Dock). Additionally, it also seems the Nintendo Switch Dock does not "play nice" with other USB-PD chargers. This means you're forced to use a Nintendo-brand power supply."
- Nintendo Comments On Third-Party Docks Bricking Switch Systems - Nintendo Life — Nintendo (recommends) that Switch owners only buy officially licensed Switch products . . . Unlicensed products and accessories do not undergo Nintendo’s testing and evaluation process. They might not work at all with our game systems, and they could have compatibility problems with certain games, the Nintendo Switch system itself, and other licensed accessories and peripherals. “(Nyko is) aware of the issue some Portable Docking Kit owners are facing after updating the firmware on their Nintendo Switch to version 5.0. Though further testing is still required to determine the exact root cause of the problem, we believe it is related to the way the Switch handles AV output for an external TV/monitor while the console is docked on the Portable Docking Kit.”
- Square Enix To Re-release Some Games On The Switch From Collective Project | NintendoSoup — “At the moment we are looking at the potential for taking some – one or two – of the games we released previously and actually bringing them to Switch. It’s really just a case of talking to the developers and finding out what they want to do. Not everybody wants to put time in on that. There are a lot of cases when they’ve moved on to next projects and so on. So I think for the games we’re releasing next, there are no new plans for Switch games. But what I can say is that I’d expect certainly one of the games released in 2017 to appear on Switch before the end of this year for sure, and possibly more. We’re always sort of talking to developers and sort of seeing what they want to do, and if they think there’s an opportunity there, is it something we can help with. So yeah, there’s still some conversations ongoing.”
- What's New in Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion? - YouTube — Sounds like there will be a lot of variety with the new single player expansion for Splatoon 2.
- Disney PIXAR: LEGO The Incredibles Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch - YouTube — My son is going to love this game.
- Dragon Quest XI On Switch Will Arrive "Much Later" Than Other Versions - Nintendo Life — "We are also developing the Switch version for Europe and North America," reads a statement from Square Enix. "But development is expected to take a long time from a technological standpoint as well, so we still have a long way to go until its release." Worse still, the 3DS version - which was released alongside the PS4 iteration in Japan in July of last year - won't be getting a western iteration at all. So we are getting the latest full-fat Dragon Quest adventure on a handheld platform, we just won't be getting until 2019 at the earliest. So what do you make of this Dragon Quest news? Is it all that surprising to see a more powerful console prioritised over another, and does, "much later," strike you as a little too vague a time frame? Share your take with the community below...
- Penny Punching Princess for Nintendo Switch Review - YouTube
- Support content like this. — If you're looking to support my content, head over to http://www.runjumpstomp.com/thankyou All the links there will help me create more content. Thanks so much for your support!