Your source for all things Nintendo 3 days a week!
- Patreon — This episode of SwitchCraft is brought to you by Kenneth Gagnon — Support SwitchCraft and my other content for as little as a dollar and get exclusive rewards at https://www.patreon.com/runjumpstomp
- Watch the Live Show! — Switch Craft is recorded Live 3 times a week on Tuesday and Thursday at 3pm US Eastern and on Saturday at whatever time I can get to it. Tune in live at https://www.twitch.tv/runjumpstomp
- PSA on coins Email from Jeremy — Good morning Bill, I wanted to share a quick tip with everyone if they were not aware. Last night I got Xenoblade 2 amazing game I popped in the game and I pressed start on the icon to see if their was any additional updates and noticed the gold points were on there I pressed earn points and Nintendo gave me 60 points for the physical copy so I grabbed all my physical games and it worked in a matter of two minutes I racked up seven bucks not bad especially if you have tons of physical games FYI Zelda was the only one that did not work. Sorry for the long email. Like always best podcast around. Jeremy in Portland.
- Parental Controls app updated. — What's New Version History Mar 11, 2018 Version 1.5.0 ・ A new whitelist feature has been added. This feature allows you to add specific software titles to a whitelist in order to exclude them from the Parental Controls Restricted Software setting on the Nintendo Switch console. ・ You can now choose to lock this app. If you do, authentication via Touch ID or Face ID will be required to use the app. ・ The time range for the bedtime alarm has been extended to between 4:00 p.m. and 11:45 p.m.. When a bedtime alarm is set, play will be restricted from the set time until 6:00 a.m. the following day. ・ Settings made using this app will now be synced to the Nintendo Switch console even when it is in sleep mode. ・ Implemented feature improvements. ◆ In order to use some of these features, you will need to update the Nintendo Switch system version to 5.0.0 or later.
- Nintendo Switch Firmware 5.0 — Improvements Included in Version 5.0.0 (Distributed 03/12/2018) Added the following system functionality Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions Friend suggestions are based on the Facebook and Twitter accounts you have linked to your Nintendo Account To view your friend suggestions, from the top left of the HOME Menu head to your User Page > Friend Suggestions You must be 13 or older to use this feature Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad When prompted to enter you Parental Controls PIN, press and hold the + Button to change between input methods Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting Play-Time Limit restrictions will still apply even when the software title has been whitelisted. Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including: Resolved an issue that caused Play Activity to display incorrectly in the Profile section of your User Page
- Some unofficial controllers have stopped working. — Hi, guys! I recently purchased a third party controller as it was compatible with both my PC and Switch and since I updated the switch to 5.0.0 it stopped working. I asked some of my friend who also owns third-party controllers and it seems they are also experiencing the same problem. It seems that because of the new update made by Nintendo, all the third parties controllers stopped to work. Do you think will there be a fix for it? EDIT: From my knowledge, those are the controllers that don't work at the moment: Sunwaytek Gamewill J&T IVSO EEEKit Orzly ZD-T DOBE Ardistel Blackfire Bluetooth Works: SN30 Pro| NES30 Pro| SFC30 8bitdo Power A Hori PDP Official GameCube Adapter COOV USB Adapter Mayflash Magic-NS Game Devil Switch PRO-S Controller If you have any more info please leave it in the comments, I'll try to update the list as often as possible. Thank you!
- Amazon.com: Nintendo Amiibo [Aori/Fire Fly]: Video Games — Pearl and Marina Amiibo pre-orders are up!
- Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion tidbits: skipping levels, no gameplay differences between inklings & octolings - Nintendo Everything — The official Splatoon Twitter account has tweeted a bit about the upcoming Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2. Most of it is a recap of what we already knew from the latest Nintendo Direct, but there were a few new details in there as well. One tweet mentions that there are “over 80” levels in the Octo Expansion – the reveal trailer seemed to indicate that there 80 exactly. You will also get support from Pearl and Marina. Specifically, they will allow you to skip stages and get straight to the story. It’s not clear yet if this is some kind of limit to this or if will be able to do it as often as you want. Finally, it’s been confirmed that there will be no gameplay differences between inklings and octolings in multiplayer, and that they share the same gear.
- Support content like this. — If you're looking to support my content, head over to rhttp://www.runjumpstomp.com/thankyou All the links there will help me create more content. Thanks so much for your support!